There are newer employer reviews for Huntsman Corp

Work under the directive of a scientist to develop new chemicals.

Current Employee - Chemical Technician in The Woodlands, TX
Current Employee - Chemical Technician in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Huntsman Corp

Pros

Work isn't too difficult; management isn't breathing down our throat; Safety is a huge culture at Huntsman; Location is very nice, as is the facility.

Cons

There is a superior attitude by management and upward movement is very limited. The bonuses and pay aren't great... usually at/below inflation rates, unless you get a promotion (about 1x/5 years)

Increase the raises for those who deserve it and don't prevent technicians from moving up to a job with more responsibilities.

reviews filtered by

I love my job and hope I get to keep it- The Woodlands are an awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Analyst in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Huntsman Corp

Pros

They really want to help their employees grow into new jobs & meet full potential. Mgr. of my group within our dept is exceptional. Benefits are awesome. No cap on lifetime insurance coverage which is unheard of.

Cons

Merger anxiety mainly with the entire Hexion thing going on. Also Huntsman doesn't pay the highest in the industry

Treat older workers much carefully and with respect & break-up cliques in disfunctional depts. Enfore dress code more thoroughly in certain depts.

Best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Huntsman Corp

Pros

The team members and managers are all great and work well together. There is a lot of cooperation and communication, and the vast majority (no company is perfect) of the members of the IT team truly care about doing an outstanding job, i.e., you don't get the impression they're just there for the paycheck.

Cons

The environment can be a bit political, but not overly so compared with other companies. I did hear a good number of complaints that the pay is less than comparable companies for comparable work. I personally didn't find that to be the case, but it may have been true in some cases.

Some level of politics happens in any business, but try to keep to a minimum the part of that that filters down to the level of the "worker bees." Most of them don't have the time or the inclination to be bothered with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntsman Corp