Hurley Medical Center

www.hurleymc.com
  www.hurleymc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hurley Medical Center

It is challenging, rewarding, at times heartbreaking yet mostly fulfilling to help people from all areas of life.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Hurley Medical Center

Pros

I work with a wonderful team who pull together through stressful situations and do the best we can for the patient and their family. I report to a Manager and Administrator who care about the patient and employees. Health care benefits are good

Cons

Anywhere in nursing staffing is a challenge. It is no different here. When our census is high everyone is needed on board. When everyone is staying home for "Snow days" there are no "closed" or snow days.At a hospital you still have to dig out and try to get there. I get frustrated with the union when they defend bad employees. That makes more work for us who do our job.

There are many talented and professional RN's within Hurley Medical Center. We could get better Nurse Managers if they made more than the RN's who report to them. No one wants that much responsibility and take a pay cut. I don't know how you get anyone to apply. I know several qualified RN's who are qualified and interested -- but not if they take a pay cut to do it.
It seems like Administration just wants management from outside Hurley.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Hurley Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Difficult to understand how management justifies changes.

I have been working at Hurley Medical Center

Pros

No patient is turned away.

Cons

Employess are treated with no respect.

Be fair to your employees. Accepting lucrative bonuses and then asking your employees to take a cut is theivery.

Best hospital to work at in area!

Current Employee - Marketing and Social Media Manager in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing and Social Media Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Hurley Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Hurley-Family atmosphere. It's genuine. People care about one another. Encouraged to grow within the organization - and that is awesome.

Cons

Having to defend the reputation of the hospital being in the ghetto, or being a hospital for the poor. Reality is, this hospital is the BEST for all your loved ones.

A structured recognition and reward system would be a wonderful addition and would build morale. Better communication system in place for information to be shared down through the ranks.

There are newer employer reviews for Hurley Medical Center