Healthcare groups vary significantly

Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to travel and learn a lot quickly

Cons

There is a lot of variation between the different healthcare group. Some are management very well and have very structured teams and project objectives. Others are a total mess and often go to projects not know what their role is. Also, some groups promote often within their group, and others leave analysts and associates in their levels for years with no promotion in sight.

Advice to Management

Leverage your lower level employees. Be sure to give credit where credit is due. Promote from within- it will greatly improve team morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Great job for recent grads; but move on after a few years

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The company goes out of its way to make the job as fun as possible. They consistently organize small events for your project to make the time away from home pass by more quickly. 2. The vast majority of the company is made up of honest, intelligent, and hardworking individuals. Huron has a few jerks just like any other corporate consulting company, but overall everyone is pretty cool.

Cons

1. The market wage for consultants at Huron is slightly below the market wage for consultants at other firms. After four years at Huron, I was making $75k annually, plus bonus, which ranged from anywhere between $2k and $10k. 2. The work can get repetitive after a few years 3. I often felt like Huron was developing me into a strong Huron employee, not a strong consultant and/or leader in general. Granted, they are not responsible for overall personal and professional development, but as a young person I wanted more so that I would be better prepared for my next career.

Good place to build your chops, management is mostly cold.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to build your skills- in one area. Great loaction and facility. Great benefits. SOME management is warm and caring. There is genuine talent and some stellar people there.

Cons

Most management could care less about bottom rung employees. There are literally bullies in some departments and management won't do a thing about it. There are inappropriate/threatening/aggressive comments made by people and everyone turns a blind eye. Management is not noticing their really talented staff, nor are they doing anything to retain them.

Advice to Management

Your corporate culture is not what you think it is. It's a cold, 'not in my pay scale', 'I can't be bothered with whats best for my employee' mentality. The lower level staff seems to bond well, but there's a giant gap weterrn management and the rest. Take a note from Ernst and Young and pay attention to the experience EVERY employee is having. You are in the process of losing major talent because no one is paying attention to them, let alone fostering them.