Huron Consulting Group

www.huronconsultinggroup.com
  www.huronconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Great company culture, management that cares (mostly)

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Huron Healthcare is dominated by Revenue Cycle which, as a service line, has managed to hang on to the old Stockamp culture for the most part. This is a positive as RC Managers and above seem to really care about creating happy teams and are focused on professional growth and development for their people. Unfortunately, the same can't be said consistently for other service areas like Labor and Non-Labor. There isn't as much a focus on growing people and developing a culture that gets people, especially individuals younger in their careers, to stay in those areas.

TIP: If you are looking for a straight out of college job with Huron Healthcare, try to get in with Revenue Cycle.

Cons

The pay at Huron is reasonable, although not great. The bonus structure doesn't yet make sense - high producing service lines are having to carry non-producers and everyone's bonus suffers because of it.

Defintiely a great place for someone to start their career in consulting, but maybe not stick around for the long-term.

To human resources and top brass - revisit compensation (again) this year to make sure you are really staying competitive with the market. If you want the best, expect to pay for it.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

Great job out of school, lots of training and good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Technical Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The training is great out of school and salary is competitive for a first-job.

Cons

I've been at the company for years and have been promoted, but I still have to meet with my supervisor once a week--everyone does. I feel like I'm being baby sat and will be leaving very soon.

Long Hours, Hard Work, Good Pay, No Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has a great corporate culture. There are multiple projects that you can be a part of, and if you are willing to take initiative you will be promoted. The benefits are good, and with the amount of travel you will easily build up hotel and airline points that will allow you to take free trips around the globe in no time. Huron also has a lot of smart people. I've never worked with someone I didn't think was sharp.

Cons

The travel is awful. While you may think you are prepared for if you have never done it....trust me you aren't. If you have a family that is use to you being at home, this job is not for you. While the pay is good, you probably should get paid more for the amount of hours you actually put in. This company also doesn't have many minorities. Chances are if you happen to be a person of color you will be the only one on any given project......Also lots of turnover. People get hired, fired, or quit pretty regularly, but thats the nature of the industry.

Continue to place people in roles where they can be effective, and focus a bit more on diversity.

There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group