Huron Consulting Group

www.huronconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Biggest mistake of my career - wasted time and effort for a company that doesn't care

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent PTO benefits - if you're ever able to take any.

Cons

Apathetic and complacent culture on the corporate side (in one particular practice area, at least). Leadership is self-righteous and self-serving. The majority of them talk out of both sides of their mouths. Really a depressing work environment.

My suggestion would be to clean house. I don't know if I encountered a single member of leadership that knew what they were doing, made any significant improvements, or even cared about what they did or who they managed. Start caring about your people! They are your most important assets! It says a lot about a company when a significant number of your operations staff leaves within a very short time frame. I find it amusing that one of their values is "integrity," but the only people that possess any integrity are the ones they are letting walk out the door.

276 Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

A good company if your a consultant; not so much for corp employee!

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance; excellent PTO package

Cons

Culture is one of everyone telling on everyone else. Matrix organization; poor pay for corp employees; expensive healthcare premiums; performance mgmt is really based more on what others think of you than how well you perform your job; low increases if you get one!

Do something abt the culture, corp employees work very hard, they deserve to be treated more like part of the org, than just the red-headed step child because they are not revenue generators!

Unrealistic Expectations, poor upper management

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My close peers make the job bearable

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, very short staffed because people keep leaving due to lack of support from management, expectations change almost daily. The culture of the company is poor. No honest or open feedback. Everyone is in it just for themselves and goes behind your back or above you for everything. Upper Management does not stick up for their teams. Less than a year on the job and already looking for a new company... that should tell you a lot!

Get managers that work to better their team, bashing people till they quit is not the way to manage a team. If you are going to set expectations for the people that work for you, it would be nice to lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group