Huron Consulting Group

www.huronconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Fine , but not very challenging work. I was bored.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group

Pros

1. Growing firm - growth potential
2. Nice people

Cons

1. More concerned with adding headcount than quality of hire.
2. Too many "sr leadership" wanting to do things their own way - lack of culture.
3. Not challenging

n/a

277 Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

Huron is largely a legal / litigation support consulting firm.

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group

Pros

The work day is very flexible and you are allowed 22 paid days off per year (including sick days and holidays).

Working from home is somewhat tolerable but not encouraged (as long as your project team agrees or no one is in the office that you need to work or network with).

Cons

At Huron, there is not a lot of competitive juice flowing internally and it is fairly easy to outshine the master / outwork those around you. This is great, but then there are also other factors that go into being promoted, such as the length of employment.

Hire students off campus and give them the job position they applied for. Do not force them to work in other, unrelated practice groups.

Make it easier to work on projects outside of your assigned practice group.

Obtain (better) middle management. Your time is scarce and without other experts between lower level consultants and management, how are will young people learn anything?

Overall great internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group

Pros

Great internship program, very organized, was able to contribute to some relatively meaningful work given that we were interns. Great outside of work events and good exposure to lifestyle of a HCG consultant. Overall very well put together and enjoyable compared to other internship experiences.

Cons

While we were there an announcement was released about possible mis-allocations of premiums paid to acquired companies by Huron. Very unsettling....

As far as the internship program goes, keep it up. We had a great experience getting exposure to the life as a consultant and meeting people within the company. Really enjoyed the internal networking and development programs.

There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group