Hutchinson Technology

www.htch.com
  www.htch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hutchinson Technology

Two words. Bad Management.

Former Employee - Manager in Hutchinson, MN
Former Employee - Manager in Hutchinson, MN

I worked at Hutchinson Technology

Pros

I will say the benefits were good, I think that the salaries were probably fairly competitive at the time, not sure if that is still the case.

Cons

Again, Bad management. They really need to get some new blood. Whatever new ideas there are get quashed quickly. Just based on my experience with other companies, I'm shocked that the stockholders haven't kicked those guys to the curb.

I seriously do not think this management team has the ability to turn things around but if they have any hope, its let go of the past. inbreeding causes the same damage to a company as it does to horses.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Hutchinson Technology (View Most Recent)

An under-diversified company that moves at the whim of the tech industry.

Current Employee - Process Development Engineer in Hutchinson, MN
    Current Employee - Process Development Engineer in Hutchinson, MN

I have been working at Hutchinson Technology

Pros

While working at HTI I had a great relationship with my manager and supervisor. Overall I really enjoyed my experience. This being my first job the company was helpful in bringing me up to speed and supporting me through my first few difficult projects.

Cons

Technology tends to be a boom and bust market; HTI is no exception to this, in down times there is very little job security in the company and this can make everything very stressful. The company has invested a lot of money in 2 ventures recently and has been disappointed in the payback on those investments. Both product timeliness were too aggressive and the company has struggled to capitalize on their investment during this rough economic time.

Many of the life time employees had seen this type of business cycle before, this one felt worse because it coincided with the recession in the general economy but as in the past this recent bust cycle for the company seems to have hit bottom. I believe HTI is here to stay though a greater diversification in product line is needed in order to stabilize the employment cycles that the company sees.

A

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at Hutchinson Technology

Pros

close to home. Gain experience from this job to move into a different position in the future. Pays the bills

Cons

Job is not secure. Never know when you will be let go. The industry is not stable and there are always ups and downs.

Be honest with employees and let them know what is happening when it happens. Employee moral will decline if management is not up front.

There are newer employer reviews for Hutchinson Technology