Hutchinson Technology

www.htch.com

Working as an Engineer with HTI.

Current Employee - Process Development Engineer  in  Hutchinson, MN
Current Employee - Process Development Engineer in Hutchinson, MN

Pros

Breadth of skills and knowledge that you gain working at HTI is second to none. After, at least a year or two of working there, you will have gained experience in engineering tools and techniques that could be beneficial in future employment positions, should you seek to move to another company.
The employees are all friendly and helpful and, for the most part, work together very well, keeping the focus on the common goal of making good produc t and minimizing scrap.

Cons

The downside is the current financial position of the company, which has led to multiple layoffs and corporate restructuring, leaving behind a wave of overworked employees with little incentive or motivation to stay with the company.

The leadership is probably doing the best that they can, given the current financial position of the company.

Other reviews for Hutchinson Technology

Two words. Bad Management.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hutchinson, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Hutchinson, MN

Pros

I will say the benefits were good, I think that the salaries were probably fairly competitive at the time, not sure if that is still the case.

Cons

Again, Bad management. They really need to get some new blood. Whatever new ideas there are get quashed quickly. Just based on my experience with other companies, I'm shocked that the stockholders haven't kicked those guys to the curb.

I seriously do not think this management team has the ability to turn things around but if they have any hope, its let go of the past. inbreeding causes the same damage to a company as it does to horses.

An under-diversified company that moves at the whim of the tech industry.

Current Employee - Process Development Engineer  in  Hutchinson, MN
    Current Employee - Process Development Engineer in Hutchinson, MN

Pros

While working at HTI I had a great relationship with my manager and supervisor. Overall I really enjoyed my experience. This being my first job the company was helpful in bringing me up to speed and supporting me through my first few difficult projects.

Cons

Technology tends to be a boom and bust market; HTI is no exception to this, in down times there is very little job security in the company and this can make everything very stressful. The company has invested a lot of money in 2 ventures recently and has been disappointed in the payback on those investments. Both product timeliness were too aggressive and the company has struggled to capitalize on their investment during this rough economic time.

Many of the life time employees had seen this type of business cycle before, this one felt worse because it coincided with the recession in the general economy but as in the past this recent bust cycle for the company seems to have hit bottom. I believe HTI is here to stay though a greater diversification in product line is needed in order to stabilize the employment cycles that the company sees.

There are newer employer reviews for Hutchinson Technology.

Worked for Hutchinson Technology? Contribute to the Community!