There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

A fast-paced, high intensity, work hard, play hard place to work where you get exactly what you put in out of the job.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the autonomy I have over my business. The harder I work, the more I am recognized, and the faster I move up the ladder. Senior management is accessible and open to suggestions, and my opinion is respected. I feel like my opinion matters which is important to me.

Cons

If you want to succeed, you have to be ready to put in the hours. It's as simple as that. This is not a 9-5 job, but it's a very rewarding experience where your hard work is recognized and it eventually pays off with promotions, big paychecks, management opportunities, and the ability to work abroad (if that's what you're into).

41 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Professional Growth, Great Friends, and Plenty of CASH

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office culture and training are definitely two of the best parts of working for Huxley. Everyone in the office gets along and wants as much success as possible for each other. The training that the senior managers and recruiters provide from day 1 is incredible and definitely allows us to provide a service above and beyond our competitors!!

Cons

Challenges are a matter of perception, right? I love this job, so I'm willing to extra-mile it, but a few things that might turn off the average employee - cold calling, extra hours, and a lower-than-average base. Here's the thing, if you want to be successful in sales, learning how to do an effective cold-call is GOING to happen; deal with it or don't apply. The same goes for extra hours. This isn't an average 9-5 job; its a 9-10-11-12 hour day sometimes but the phrase "work hard play harder" wasn't invented without cause. The compensation... well, no one takes a sales job for the base. Starting at $40K can be tough, especially if it means you're taking a pay cut. But, put your head down and work hard and you'll be earning commission in no time - it only took me 6 weeks on contracts and 4 weeks on perm to get my first deals in.

Revisit the perm consultant compensation structure. It's illogical and hard to follow and would be much easier to figure out a flat-rate commission structure. Also, if there is a way to move the payout date so it's not the end of the month after the start date that would be great!

Zero Integrity, Micro-management, Revolving Door

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great peers. Hypothetically - if you are a top performer - you could relocate offices/countries and earn a lot of money.

Cons

- Expect to be managed by PHDs (Poor, Desperate, Hungry) with no vision nor strategy.
    - Expect to be micro-managed and pressured into favoring quantity over quality
    - Expect favoritism, bullying, and complete lack of integrity in treatment of employees, candidates and clients.
    - Expect to work a minium of 60+ hours a week for a meager base compensation, whilst only top 5% performers earn big cash
    - Expect extremely high turnover, this place is a revolving door.

Get an education.

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!