Huxley Associates

www.huxley.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Forget about work-life balance at Huxley...not gonna happen!

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

- Good Sales Training
- Lots of after-work functions
- Complete meritocracy / Organically grown company
- You can make a lot of money...but usually after a few years.

Cons

- Very poor work / desk set up...absolutely zero privacy!
- Only one break a day from 1-2pm...that's it.
- Hours are 9am - 6pm (but you are expected to stay later...and even come in on weekends).
- Management can be very condescending and disrespectful...(they love to make a big deal out of anything...in front of everyone...throwing in a few cuss words for kicks).
- Very poor work-life balance...you will usually leave the office after 7pm daily...so on average you will work 10+ hours per day.
- Lots...lots...lots of stress!
- Very micromanaged setting - KPI's & daily setups down the the minutes!
- Not a flexible environment at all...you can never be late...ever...no matter the situation...or you will be reprimanded and forced to cover the phones for 3 days...allowing you only a 30 minute lunch break for those days!!!

The list can go on forever...but I would be here for days. In a nutshell...not the best place to work for unless you don't mind living and breathing Huxley...and completely giving up any sort of social life outside of Huxley...without making any real money until you've been brainwashed after a few years...like I almost was!

Loosen up a bit...adapt to the American way of life...ease up on the foul language in the office...keep things professional...stop with the silly competitions (they just add lots of unneeded pressure to an already stressful environment)...and just BE HONEST...stop trying to sell us a dream!

42 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Was du einbringst, das bekommst du auch raus. Gutes Geld, aber nicht einfach. what you put in, is what you get. Good money, but not easy.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Man bekommt tolle Belohnung für Erfolg. Reisen ins Ausland, gute Provisionsregelung und Karrierechancen. Es herrscht eine gute Atmosphäre und es kann Spaß machen, dort zu arbeiten. Anerkennung vom Management, wenn man etwas leistet.

You get great rewards for being successful. Trips abroad, good commission scheme and career opportunities. There is a good atmosphere and it can be a fun place to work. Recognition form management if you perform.

Cons

Kurzfristige Ergebnisse stehen zu sehr im Mittelpunkt. Raue Kultur, wenn man nichts leistet. Nicht man selbst entscheidet, auf welchem Markt man arbeitet, also kann man auf einem langsamen Markt enden.

Too much emphasis on short term output. Harsh culture when not performing. It is not you that chooses what market you will be working on, so you could end up working on a slow market.

Versuchen Sie den Fokus auf langfristige Ziele zu legen und es sollte weniger um Telefonverkäufe gehen

Try to keep a long term focus and make it less about telesales

Money earning potential is no joke!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The money potential is no joke! Of course not everyone is seeing the huge pay checks but if you put in the time and give it your all you will see them at some point. The learning curve is different for everyone; I've seen people go from struggling to do a single deal to being a top biller less than a year later. If you are resilient, open to learning new things, and somewhat optimistic you will be in a good spot! Also it seems like the most successful people have a good mix of intelligence and sales capabilities. I never thought I'd be making the money I am this early jn my career, and I can truly see a career here!
    Also, this recruitment agency is a good size (not too big not too small) which allows a solid client base along with your own personal growth.
    Good perks too, especially if you enjoy having a drink (or a few)

Cons

- not flexible with work hours (the structure I believe is overall a good thing, but it is not ok to show up even a minute after 8 so that can be unfortunate)
    - somewhat harsh culture (don't join if easily offended)
    - strategy can come across as unorganized at times

If you follow through with the plans you are working on for the future, than I am very excited!

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates