Huxley Associates

www.huxley.com

Best career decision I ever made!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCareer progression - this is a genuinely great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress based on their own merit/performance. During my time with the company (five years) I have been promoted 5 times, have absolute autonomy in my role and have had an opportunity to seed several new ventures within the firm. This isn't my first job and I cannot think of any other company that would allow for such rapid progression solely on merit. A huge plus that the company is expanding at a rapid rate.

Money - I've always taken responsibility for my performance and as a result have earned fantastic commission year after year. Its a performance based compensation culture - if you perform well you are paid well. If you don't perform well you aren't paid well! Simple formula and one I have always been comfortable with.

Fun - this is work hard play hard. That means go out and party by all means (with or without your colleagues) but be sure to turn up for work on time the next day. Punctuality is the mark of a good company to me and in five years I've yet to turn up to work late. I've travelled more during my time with this company than I would have imagined - Ski Trips, Vegas, Barcelona, Ibiza, Miami, The Bahamas etc etc. Again all merit based.

Training - Huxley offer hands down the best training program in the industry.

Awards - Huxley were voted as one of the best companies to work for in New York City!

Internal Mobility - if you are successful in your role/team/office you are able to apply for future roles/development opportunities in other new locations (i.e Asia, Europe, Latin America or elsewhere in the States).

Reputation - Huxley have a great reputation in the industry. The proof is in the results - you cannot quadruple an office in size in the space of 2 Years if you aren't developing and retaining clients. Incidentally you cannot expand across the Globe without a strong reputation either.

ConsCareer Progression - to reiterate this is a merit based environment. The interview process is designed to make sure that the culture and job the company has to offer genuinely matches what you are looking for. If you are not ambitious and prepared to go the extra mile for results this just isn't for you. You will find plenty of other jobs with a flat salary that would be a better fit.

Accountability - the management team really do want people who can take ownership of their own day and generate consistent results. The quicker you are able to take responsibility for your own productivity the more autonomy you will have over your own day. If you are not self motivated and results oriented that day will never come.

Misery does not love company! There isn't a place for negativity in this company - if the glass is always empty you certainly will not find many like minded individuals to moan at the water cooler with. This is a tough/competitive job - if you don't have the backbone or drive for this be honest with yourself before even starting the process and don't apply!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company and office continues to grow so something is going right!!!

When I read these reviews I was worried, I shouldn't have been.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros: I nearly didn't turn up for the interview based on what I read here then a friend pointed out that I was judging a company… Cons: The interview process is really tough and tiring, they are very honest about what to expect in the job and so don't think that the… Advice to Senior Management: I am not sure I have enough experience to offer them any kind… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a Rant Just an Honest Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros: - generous vacation time in first year - good medical benefits if… Cons: I'm not on here to rant about why Huxley is an awful place to work but I think its only fair to share an honest… Advice to Senior Management: I don't know that I have any advice to give only my own observations and some opinions, but most of what I said was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Huxley Associates.

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!