There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Huxley - great for strong and motivated sales people

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

They offer strong and talented sales people or junior sales people a great career opportunity. This is a job for people who genuinely want to do a sales job and who are driven by success and reward. No the right job if you just want to be average. The company is growing and opening new offices and will have tons of opportunities for strong candidates. Have several examples around me of people who have had great success and continue to have great career opportunities. Love the chance to potentially work in other cities or countries. Great role models around me as well including a few of the best producers globally in the firm. They are all very approachable and really nice and helpful.

Cons

Not the right environment for people who just want to have a 9-5 job and think they can still make a lot of money. You get somewhere if you work hard and show that you can produce. It's a meritocratic environment and people who are really good get fast-tracked. Not the easiest job in the world, but if that was the case then it wouldn't pay you nearly as well either.

Keep growing the business. I love the opportunity and I am looking forward to keep growing in this business. The more we grow the better the opportunities for me :-)

41 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Learn the business and skip out

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

I've been working here for a little under a year and would have to say that they have fantastic drinking outings every now and then. aside from that, they have a training program that helps people learn some basics about recruiting.

Cons

Recently they had us write something positive about the company.. I don't think it's right to pressure people in order to make them change an opinion so here is mine...true and honest - no sales involved.

The company has us doing very mundane tasks when we first start and then immediately set these targets that consist of spamming out emails to clients. We are also asked to hit numbers and they say they will lead to results. If we hit the numbers and we don't get the outcome, they blame o. Our lack of desire to do the tasks.

The problem with Huxley is that there is always an excuse they create and that excuse never involves putting them at fault.

There are people that swear throughout the office and you are constantly being called out on stuff like a child in front of an entire group of people. There is no personal space AT ALL. you do sit elbow to elbow and there are very loud people who walk and talk in your ear as you're on a phone.

The director has his bonus based on retention and he's not very successful at the moment because people come in, get the job, and then realize what a nightmare the place. This place is truly a revolving door. I know at least a handful of people interviewing or looking to leave and this company better get out of town.

There is hardly room for advancement - always a ceiling since they bring overseas workers to sit in as management. The managers are constantly demeaning and disrespecting their team members.

Signing out because this place needs some restructuring!

Best career decision I ever made!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

Career progression - this is a genuinely great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress based on their own merit/performance. During my time with the company (five years) I have been promoted 5 times, have absolute autonomy in my role and have had an opportunity to seed several new ventures within the firm. This isn't my first job and I cannot think of any other company that would allow for such rapid progression solely on merit. A huge plus that the company is expanding at a rapid rate.

Money - I've always taken responsibility for my performance and as a result have earned fantastic commission year after year. Its a performance based compensation culture - if you perform well you are paid well. If you don't perform well you aren't paid well! Simple formula and one I have always been comfortable with.

Fun - this is work hard play hard. That means go out and party by all means (with or without your colleagues) but be sure to turn up for work on time the next day. Punctuality is the mark of a good company to me and in five years I've yet to turn up to work late. I've travelled more during my time with this company than I would have imagined - Ski Trips, Vegas, Barcelona, Ibiza, Miami, The Bahamas etc etc. Again all merit based.

Training - Huxley offer hands down the best training program in the industry.

Awards - Huxley were voted as one of the best companies to work for in New York City!

Internal Mobility - if you are successful in your role/team/office you are able to apply for future roles/development opportunities in other new locations (i.e Asia, Europe, Latin America or elsewhere in the States).

Reputation - Huxley have a great reputation in the industry. The proof is in the results - you cannot quadruple an office in size in the space of 2 Years if you aren't developing and retaining clients. Incidentally you cannot expand across the Globe without a strong reputation either.

Cons

Career Progression - to reiterate this is a merit based environment. The interview process is designed to make sure that the culture and job the company has to offer genuinely matches what you are looking for. If you are not ambitious and prepared to go the extra mile for results this just isn't for you. You will find plenty of other jobs with a flat salary that would be a better fit.

Accountability - the management team really do want people who can take ownership of their own day and generate consistent results. The quicker you are able to take responsibility for your own productivity the more autonomy you will have over your own day. If you are not self motivated and results oriented that day will never come.

Misery does not love company! There isn't a place for negativity in this company - if the glass is always empty you certainly will not find many like minded individuals to moan at the water cooler with. This is a tough/competitive job - if you don't have the backbone or drive for this be honest with yourself before even starting the process and don't apply!!!!!

The company and office continues to grow so something is going right!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!