There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

If you want a career in sales, you couldn't make a better decision than joining Huxley.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

A fantastic company to work for if you are looking for a career in a sales driven envrionment. They offer the opportunity for people without prior recruitment experience, and also without prior sales experience to go through an award winning training course and receive constant coaching and support to build on their skills.
The office is a really fun environment to work in - everyone has a work hard play hard attitude, it is friendly competitive where everyone will help each other out, but equally there are always new sales competitions being rolled out to motivate people to win holidays, meals out, shopping sprees, bottles of champagne etc etc. People are really social and I always see work colleagues out on the weekends for drinks.
The company is totally organically grown and 100% meritocratic, so everyone who joins has the same opportunity to progress and it is down to the individual as to how far you want to progress your career.
The company has huge growth plans currently underway for the US so its a really exciting time to be joining and to be coming through the ranks.
A lot of the recruitment companies I've looked into before I joined Huxley either don't offer a base salary, or you have a draw, or you have to be a resourcer for someone else first of all, all of which sounds awful. Huxley has a base salary and commission on everything you earn. The scheme is designed to motivate you to do more deals so you get a higher % with the more you bill. This is brilliant for driving your own sales.

Cons

If you are looking for an easy life, then this probably isn't for you. The company is fantastic to work for in every way, but it is a sales company and therefore if you are not doing the sales, you will feel the pressure.
I noticed a few comments about the hours - they are 9-6 and lots of people leave the office at 6 or shortly after, however, there are also those who stay later and who come in at the weekend because they are motivated to bill more for their own paycheck and career progression. Its totally up to the individual.
The environment is very structured and process driven so if you hate working in that sort of environment its probably not for you. Personally I love it. It give me the focus I need to stay on track and know where I am against my own targets and against my 'competition'.

Keep it up! It is totally inspiring to see that you have all come through from a trainee position as well and I love the direction the company is going with all the growth opportunities across the US.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Huxley - great for strong and motivated sales people

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

They offer strong and talented sales people or junior sales people a great career opportunity. This is a job for people who genuinely want to do a sales job and who are driven by success and reward. No the right job if you just want to be average. The company is growing and opening new offices and will have tons of opportunities for strong candidates. Have several examples around me of people who have had great success and continue to have great career opportunities. Love the chance to potentially work in other cities or countries. Great role models around me as well including a few of the best producers globally in the firm. They are all very approachable and really nice and helpful.

Cons

Not the right environment for people who just want to have a 9-5 job and think they can still make a lot of money. You get somewhere if you work hard and show that you can produce. It's a meritocratic environment and people who are really good get fast-tracked. Not the easiest job in the world, but if that was the case then it wouldn't pay you nearly as well either.

Keep growing the business. I love the opportunity and I am looking forward to keep growing in this business. The more we grow the better the opportunities for me :-)

Learn the business and skip out

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Huxley Associates

Pros

I've been working here for a little under a year and would have to say that they have fantastic drinking outings every now and then. aside from that, they have a training program that helps people learn some basics about recruiting.

Cons

Recently they had us write something positive about the company.. I don't think it's right to pressure people in order to make them change an opinion so here is mine...true and honest - no sales involved.

The company has us doing very mundane tasks when we first start and then immediately set these targets that consist of spamming out emails to clients. We are also asked to hit numbers and they say they will lead to results. If we hit the numbers and we don't get the outcome, they blame o. Our lack of desire to do the tasks.

The problem with Huxley is that there is always an excuse they create and that excuse never involves putting them at fault.

There are people that swear throughout the office and you are constantly being called out on stuff like a child in front of an entire group of people. There is no personal space AT ALL. you do sit elbow to elbow and there are very loud people who walk and talk in your ear as you're on a phone.

The director has his bonus based on retention and he's not very successful at the moment because people come in, get the job, and then realize what a nightmare the place. This place is truly a revolving door. I know at least a handful of people interviewing or looking to leave and this company better get out of town.

There is hardly room for advancement - always a ceiling since they bring overseas workers to sit in as management. The managers are constantly demeaning and disrespecting their team members.

Signing out because this place needs some restructuring!

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!