Huxley Associates

Great Training and Opportunity to progress if you want it

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

I am here for a few month now, learning tons every day and getting great training and support from the people around me. Everyone is styraight forward with feedback and I know what I need to do to progress my career. Awesome opportunities for growth with new offices in Chicago this year. Tons of people around me just got promoted and get loads of responsibility after just two or three years. If you deliver and prove you can do the job then it seems opportunities are up for grabs.

Cons

Sales job that takes a lot of work with a steep learning curve. They give you good structure how to succeed and I really like that. as you progress and get better you get a lot more freedom. It's a sales job with rejection and a lot of the salary coming from commission, but ion return this means that you can make more than $100k in your second year out of school. Have seen the commission checks of some of the people on my desk and I am looking forward to learn as fast as possible to get those as well.

Keep pushing me to be the best I can be.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Huxley Associates (View Most Recent)

Have been offered opportunities as my career and skills have grown

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

I've had support throughout my career in order to get to where I want to be next in my career. The training, support and development is excellent and appropriate for the skills I have needed at each job I have been fortunate enough to have had here. I will say that some people don't get those opportunities but I like that as it's genuinely meritocratic. As soon as I've been able to prove myself, the next opportunity was ready and waiting.

Not just a great place to learn sales but also to grow into a true businessperson in a fun environment.

Cons

It's hard work, there's no doubt about it but the reward makes it worthwhile. I've seen people who have lost their way and those are the people who haven't been promoted. You really get what you deserve.

Keep the business growing so there are constantly more and more opportunities to go around

If you want a career in sales, you couldn't make a better decision than joining Huxley.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates

Pros

A fantastic company to work for if you are looking for a career in a sales driven envrionment. They offer the opportunity for people without prior recruitment experience, and also without prior sales experience to go through an award winning training course and receive constant coaching and support to build on their skills.
    The office is a really fun environment to work in - everyone has a work hard play hard attitude, it is friendly competitive where everyone will help each other out, but equally there are always new sales competitions being rolled out to motivate people to win holidays, meals out, shopping sprees, bottles of champagne etc etc. People are really social and I always see work colleagues out on the weekends for drinks.
    The company is totally organically grown and 100% meritocratic, so everyone who joins has the same opportunity to progress and it is down to the individual as to how far you want to progress your career.
    The company has huge growth plans currently underway for the US so its a really exciting time to be joining and to be coming through the ranks.
    A lot of the recruitment companies I've looked into before I joined Huxley either don't offer a base salary, or you have a draw, or you have to be a resourcer for someone else first of all, all of which sounds awful. Huxley has a base salary and commission on everything you earn. The scheme is designed to motivate you to do more deals so you get a higher % with the more you bill. This is brilliant for driving your own sales.

Cons

If you are looking for an easy life, then this probably isn't for you. The company is fantastic to work for in every way, but it is a sales company and therefore if you are not doing the sales, you will feel the pressure.
    I noticed a few comments about the hours - they are 9-6 and lots of people leave the office at 6 or shortly after, however, there are also those who stay later and who come in at the weekend because they are motivated to bill more for their own paycheck and career progression. Its totally up to the individual.
    The environment is very structured and process driven so if you hate working in that sort of environment its probably not for you. Personally I love it. It give me the focus I need to stay on track and know where I am against my own targets and against my 'competition'.

Keep it up! It is totally inspiring to see that you have all come through from a trainee position as well and I love the direction the company is going with all the growth opportunities across the US.

There are newer employer reviews for Huxley Associates