Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Mnagement wants the staff to do their work, I have never in my life seen lazier, so called management.

Former Employee - Gallery Host in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Gallery Host in Seattle, WA

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Just a job, They require more in the interview.

Cons

The guests are very rude, not all. But 95% of the are.

Get off your Anus, and for once in your life work in Washington.

707 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Limited to where you want to go

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Complimentary lunch and discount rooms.

Cons

Requested days off not granted because of co-worker seniority.

Good if you can get started in a management training program.

Wonderful company for young managers with no families

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Amazing communication within hotel, tons of training for new and current employees/managers, plenty of opportunities for advancement, true concern for the customer, great Hyatt discounts and complementary rooms all over the World, reasonable insurance and 401K, free lunch/dinner and parking discounts at Mansion House garage.

Cons

All Hyatt jobs are globalized (meaning they are the same at all the hotels across the Globe) therefore, they let management know that they are easily dispensable, even though managers can advance fairly quickly - low employee morale is caused by the fact that managers are constantly being moved from department to department within the hotel and across the country - it's not likely for a manager to stay in one spot/department for more than 1 year (I was moved to 3 different departments in 2 years as manager/asst manager so new managers could be moved in - I never requested the moves & never wanted them), inside joke - HYATT stands for "Have Your A$$ There Tomorrow because they move managers out to other hotels so often, also ... management hours are grueling at well over 70hrs a week, employee down-sizing meant too many were given an unfair amount of daily tasks, a certain Executive Hotel Manager would scream and curse at his Hotel Managers (FD, HSK, Valet, Guest Svs, etc) daily **Overall, the Hyatt Company is great for single, young managers who WANT TO advance through the departments for training and eventually become higher level managers. Hyatt is NOT for individuals with families who enjoy working in only one aspect of the hotel industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt