Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

useful in gaining experience and industry knowledge

Former Employee - Sales & Catering Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Sales & Catering Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

known around the world, level/standard of service, excellent selection of locations

Cons

go for Hyatt hotels, not franchised Hyatts!

stick up for your peers and employees more often. fight for them when needed. to C-level execs: quit micromanaging and trust in your decision and allow your managers and regionals to manage their hotels and staff!

760 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Lack of well educated and hard working managers.

Former Intern - Intern in Beaver Creek, CO
    Former Intern - Intern in Beaver Creek, CO

I worked at Hyatt as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

From time to time, very good managers from Germany and NYC.

Cons

A lot of lazy and dishonest people without a stright goal in life.

Good first job

Former Employee - I Held IV Different Positions In Rooms Division in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - I Held IV Different Positions In Rooms Division in Reston, VA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This was actually from 1998-2002, but it was a great experience. I can only imagine its still about the same. Lots of hard work and long, crazy hours but it fostered a good work ethic. Learned lots about excellent guest service and attention to details. There were opportunities for growth if you performed well. I liked the management outings. They really empowered staff to make decisions on the spot for guests without getting immediate approval....you just had to be prepared to justify what you did later to your manager.

Cons

Long, crazy hours...it's a business that never closes. Christmas bonus was pretty small. Guest issues could cause some headaches. You have to work holidays.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt