Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hyatt's focus & care about it's people is authentic. They have decent benefits, of which complimentary nights are the most fantastic benefit. At every property I've worked at it's apparent that employee engagement is truly a focus.

Cons

Hyatt consistently pays below other hotel chains (although they love to tell their employees otherwise). Additionally, the complimentary room night benefit has become so restricted domestically planning vacations is almost impossible now. Career opportunities can be limited depending on the field.

Consider revising the employee room benefit plan. Pricing tiers for certain properties don't make sense and frankly revenue managers should be responsible for closing, not opening, the comp benefits. It's just one more task that there's not time for and is being frequently overlooked. Shop a couple of your properties & you'll see that.

760 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Very good work environment

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they care about people
    they empower their employees

Cons

hard to move up from a line employee to management

Help the people who want to learn and grow reach their goals

Overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to travel to great destinations with my job and build some great relationships.

Cons

Hyatt has a way of overworking their employees. In my time there, I rarely worked under 60 hours a week. In my last year, we were encourage to try to take lunch once a week and leave by 5:30 pm once a week. They did not encourage a good work/life balance.

Even in rough economic times it is important to take care of your employees. The more burned out they are the more likely for higher turnover. Which leads to more poor performance and jobs taking longer to get accomplished.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt