There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

It is a good place but remember your family or life outside of work.

Former Employee - Department Head/ Food and Beverage Manager
Former Employee - Department Head/ Food and Beverage Manager

Pros

You can advance very quickly. You will learn the business very fast. Hyatt has locations around the world. It was my experiance that after six months of being in one position I was able to interview for a new position. Once in this position I was I had the understanding that after about two years of managing a department I could then look for another promotion. These promotions would happen even faster if I was willing to relocate to another hotel. I feel that one huge pluss is the fact that after your first year you recieve a set number of free hotel stays.

Cons

when working in the food and beveragey side of the hotel you will work very long hours. it seemed like ten hours a day was expected and if I went home before that the upper management tryied to make me feel guilty for leaving. We seemed to be understaffed all the time and would have staff from other areas of the hotel come to help our where it was busy. When we did this we were not able to train the staff that was helping, propperly. As with any hospitality job, you work weekend and all holidays because that is when you are busy.

Advice to Management

Do your best to treat others at you want to be treated.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

1. To Move Ahead With Hyatt Be Ready To Move Yourself!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great Work Culture. Good amount of repect for employees at all levels from management. Great training (both future skills and on the job knowlege & safety skills). Good development of quality employees wanting to advance to other positions

Cons

Long hours expected from mid to senior management. If wanting to move up quickly be ready and willing to move geographically...several times!!!!

Advice to Management

Be fair across the board to those you are directly responsible for cultivating for advancement & follow through on what you say to them in terms of what requirements are expected of them in order to achieve promotion to the next level.

2. Good place to work if you don't mind selling your culinary soul.

Current Employee - Sous Chef in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

To me, always having a job and paycheck were a great thing. And they did offer me great opportunity to travel and teach and gain. They offer a pretty great benefits package as well.

Cons

They are shoebox hotels that are pretty much the derision of good and creative food. At very few of their properties is creativity rewarded or "necessary".

Advice to Management

They do kind of lie to get people in the door, and then waffle on promotions... I would say be more honest.