Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

A Great Company, With Great Benefits.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hyatt is a great place to work for. Their are a lot of wonderful benefits for their full time employees, ranging from comp & discounted rooms, Great retirement plans, health insurance, paid holidays, etc. I enjoy the environment I work in as well! As a front desk host the management empowers me to make my own choices on how to deal with certain situations and truly provides me training and the opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

Working in the hospitality industry in general can be challenging, However Hyatt really does a great job with maintaining the care for their employees, I have really found no cons yet to working with this company.

633 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hyatt's focus & care about it's people is authentic. They have decent benefits, of which complimentary nights are the most fantastic benefit. At every property I've worked at it's apparent that employee engagement is truly a focus.

Cons

Hyatt consistently pays below other hotel chains (although they love to tell their employees otherwise). Additionally, the complimentary room night benefit has become so restricted domestically planning vacations is almost impossible now. Career opportunities can be limited depending on the field.

Consider revising the employee room benefit plan. Pricing tiers for certain properties don't make sense and frankly revenue managers should be responsible for closing, not opening, the comp benefits. It's just one more task that there's not time for and is being frequently overlooked. Shop a couple of your properties & you'll see that.

Very good work environment

Current Employee - Banquet Server  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hyatt part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

they care about people
    they empower their employees

Cons

hard to move up from a line employee to management

Help the people who want to learn and grow reach their goals

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!