Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

A Great Company, With Great Benefits.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt is a great place to work for. Their are a lot of wonderful benefits for their full time employees, ranging from comp & discounted rooms, Great retirement plans, health insurance, paid holidays, etc. I enjoy the environment I work in as well! As a front desk host the management empowers me to make my own choices on how to deal with certain situations and truly provides me training and the opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

Working in the hospitality industry in general can be challenging, However Hyatt really does a great job with maintaining the care for their employees, I have really found no cons yet to working with this company.

655 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to travel to great destinations with my job and build some great relationships.

Cons

Hyatt has a way of overworking their employees. In my time there, I rarely worked under 60 hours a week. In my last year, we were encourage to try to take lunch once a week and leave by 5:30 pm once a week. They did not encourage a good work/life balance.

Even in rough economic times it is important to take care of your employees. The more burned out they are the more likely for higher turnover. Which leads to more poor performance and jobs taking longer to get accomplished.

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hyatt's focus & care about it's people is authentic. They have decent benefits, of which complimentary nights are the most fantastic benefit. At every property I've worked at it's apparent that employee engagement is truly a focus.

Cons

Hyatt consistently pays below other hotel chains (although they love to tell their employees otherwise). Additionally, the complimentary room night benefit has become so restricted domestically planning vacations is almost impossible now. Career opportunities can be limited depending on the field.

Consider revising the employee room benefit plan. Pricing tiers for certain properties don't make sense and frankly revenue managers should be responsible for closing, not opening, the comp benefits. It's just one more task that there's not time for and is being frequently overlooked. Shop a couple of your properties & you'll see that.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt