Hyatt
www.hyatt.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Excellent brand micromanaged by big egos and driven by sheep

Design Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent brand that looks good on the resume, leader in the industry, partial tuition reimbursement after 2 years, pay above average, decent benefits.

ConsMicromanaged boxed-up people with unhealthy sense of competition and inflated egos. You can work there if you can tolerate grade-school disciplinary approach and good at scheming. You will get a boot if you have a slightest inclination to pioneering. Once my director advised me (nice guy but no back bone): "your good work makes others look bad, consider changing or you will suffer consequences".

Advice to Senior ManagementUncrate your thinking and loose the divas. Get down to the common folk.

front please

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hyatt

Pros: good job back in the 90s, not today. low pay.… Cons: standing on your feet all day.helping peope and recieving no… More

Great place to work if you stay connected

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hyatt full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great opportunity to move as well as promotions. Cons: Favoritism for certain associates, misleading leadership, overwhelming work load, extraneous… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hyatt.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!

Hyatt – Why Work for Us?

We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hyatt CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian. All reviews posted anonymously by Hyatt employees.