Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Lousy pay; good benefits; great opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are incredible. When I worked there each associate was eligible to stay in any property up to three consecutive nights free of charge. Great health insurance, free meals while you're working. In the time I worked there I got a new position with the company, each a promotion, once a year. You can rise up through the ranks as quickly or as slowly as you desire as long as you're willing to move around a bit.

Cons

Limited to no opportunity for business travel. Getting to a respectable salary can take many years of rising through the ranks. After two years with the company, I was making only $12.50 per hour in a supervisor-level position. Had I had a similar position at another hospitality or retail establishment I'd probably be making closer to $15-20. High turnover meant we were constantly training, low starting pay meant we always had trouble filling positions with qualified individuals.

Show your employees the money. They likely won't turn over as quickly if you do, and you'll have a deeper pool to pick from.

738 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Under staffed, over worked

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

The people that work there are wonderful

Cons

Too many leads, not enough bodies to reply and capture them

Excellent brand micromanaged by big egos and driven by sheep

Former Employee - Design Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Design Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent brand that looks good on the resume, leader in the industry, partial tuition reimbursement after 2 years, pay above average, decent benefits.

Cons

Micromanaged boxed-up people with unhealthy sense of competition and inflated egos. You can work there if you can tolerate grade-school disciplinary approach and good at scheming. You will get a boot if you have a slightest inclination to pioneering. Once my director advised me (nice guy but no back bone): "your good work makes others look bad, consider changing or you will suffer consequences".

Uncrate your thinking and loose the divas. Get down to the common folk.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt