Hyatt

Former Hyatt Experience 2000-2005

Former Employee - Restaurant Server  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Restaurant Server in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Hyatt part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, safe environment to work in

Cons

Life at a hotel can be crazy and unstable.

623 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Lousy pay; good benefits; great opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Hyatt full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are incredible. When I worked there each associate was eligible to stay in any property up to three consecutive nights free of charge. Great health insurance, free meals while you're working. In the time I worked there I got a new position with the company, each a promotion, once a year. You can rise up through the ranks as quickly or as slowly as you desire as long as you're willing to move around a bit.

Cons

Limited to no opportunity for business travel. Getting to a respectable salary can take many years of rising through the ranks. After two years with the company, I was making only $12.50 per hour in a supervisor-level position. Had I had a similar position at another hospitality or retail establishment I'd probably be making closer to $15-20. High turnover meant we were constantly training, low starting pay meant we always had trouble filling positions with qualified individuals.

Show your employees the money. They likely won't turn over as quickly if you do, and you'll have a deeper pool to pick from.

Good experience

Former Employee - Greeter  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Greeter in Washington, DC

I worked at Hyatt full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the opportunity to meet a lot of international people, and learn a great deal about hospitality

Cons

there's no room for movement. I tried so often to transfer to a different position, and it never happened. i finally gave up and didn't even want to work there any more

Invest in your employees. There's a lot of talent there and people willing to work hard. If you don't help them, they can't help you, and the company overall will suffer.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!