Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Overall a good place to work if you are prepared for long hours and good compensation.

Former Employee - Server in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Server in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Compensation is great for those who have experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry. Satisfactory food and beverages are offered during lunch breaks. Very nice co-workers. If you have the drive to work hard and succeed, one can make over 40,000 a year.

Cons

As a server you must learn to deal with upset customers even when they are in the wrong. I do not recommend this position for those without previous restaurant experience. Also larger persons will have a tough time traveling back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen.

I had several managers throughout my time at the Hyatt. Some were better than others. I do believe however there should be some merit system where good servers are acknowledged for good work ethic and success with customers.

771 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Administrative Roles at Hyatt

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

The best thing about working for Hyatt are the free hotel rooms and the opportunity for job relocation in differenct cities.

Cons

Lack of development and respect show towards it's employees is appauling. It is not company wide howevery it does exist.

Value it's employees more and spend more time addressing important issues that truly make a difference the lives of it's employees.

Troublesome employment. Fraught with dissatisfaction but also unreasonable expectations.

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Hyatt, in some ways, gives a lot to their employees. I am better paid and taken care of than my other family members with hourly wages. The building itself is very nice and other low-level workers are a dream.

Cons

Management covers a wide range of satisfaction, as do co-workers. If there were far more transparency throughout the company, and actively overcoming some ingrained need for a stifling pecking-order everyone would be happier.

Negative reinforcement and a feeling that one could be punished at any time has fostered genuine distrust between workers and management. It seems as though management itself needs to work on taking care of each other. When a higher-up is mean and unreasonable, it trickles down.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt