Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Overall a good place to work if you are prepared for long hours and good compensation.

Former Employee - Server in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Server in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Compensation is great for those who have experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry. Satisfactory food and beverages are offered during lunch breaks. Very nice co-workers. If you have the drive to work hard and succeed, one can make over 40,000 a year.

Cons

As a server you must learn to deal with upset customers even when they are in the wrong. I do not recommend this position for those without previous restaurant experience. Also larger persons will have a tough time traveling back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen.

I had several managers throughout my time at the Hyatt. Some were better than others. I do believe however there should be some merit system where good servers are acknowledged for good work ethic and success with customers.

707 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Troublesome employment. Fraught with dissatisfaction but also unreasonable expectations.

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Hyatt, in some ways, gives a lot to their employees. I am better paid and taken care of than my other family members with hourly wages. The building itself is very nice and other low-level workers are a dream.

Cons

Management covers a wide range of satisfaction, as do co-workers. If there were far more transparency throughout the company, and actively overcoming some ingrained need for a stifling pecking-order everyone would be happier.

Negative reinforcement and a feeling that one could be punished at any time has fostered genuine distrust between workers and management. It seems as though management itself needs to work on taking care of each other. When a higher-up is mean and unreasonable, it trickles down.

Hyatt Regency Ohare is ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Great travel perks, free meals, worldwide opportunities. depending on the management you can excel. Free parking and good access to vacant job opportunities.

Cons

High turnover with management. some of the employees are overworked and not treated as fairly. lots of mandatory overtime, this could be good or bad..

open communication and give opportunities to all employees and not some. it seems like some of the empolyees are taken for granted due to race or gender.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt