Hyatt

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

LOVE The Benefits...The Bosses Not So Much

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Marion, IL
Former Employee - Sales Agent in Marion, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

12 Free Hotel Nights at any Hyatt Worldwide, Consistent Sweepstakes for top performing Agents, Lots of Incentives, 50% of Food and Beverage at any Hyatt and 20% off at the Spa

Cons

Upper Management!!!!!!!! The Pay for entry level employees and the favoritism.

How long do you think you can get away with hiring friends and firing good people???

663 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Overworked and underpaid.

Former Employee - Rooms Division Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Rooms Division Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt hotels offer great travel benefits for employees. After one year of employment you are given 10 "comp nights" each year to use at just about and domestic Hyatt hotel pending availability.

Cons

I worked in a management position and worked an average of 70 hrs/week. There was a large emphasis on employee relations and satisfaction to a point where they were loaded with cash incentives to give great customer satisfaction. After three years of working in a few different hotels, my hours worked were only increasing and my quality of life decreasing. I then converted my annual salary into what I was making per average hour worked and found that I was making less than my lowest level employee and also well below CA minimum wage. That was the end.

You do a great job of hiring smart and energetic professionals to your management team. You also do a great job of beating them down and burning them out. When you empower them with so many responsibilities, it is easy for them to notice how much they are putting in and how little they are getting in return. I explained to each one of my employees why they would not be getting a raise for the second consecutive year. The next week, our GM cruised in to work in a brand new company car. That was the last straw and I have never regretted leaving.

Overall, Hyatt is a great company to work with. The Andaz brand was fairly new to the company when I was with them.

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to build a clientele and create something nice.

Cons

Gossip, not organized, management did not listen to staff suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt