Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Great team, great management.

Former Employee - Gallery Host in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Gallery Host in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits were great. Team were awesome and always helpful. Management always come by to help as well when things get busy.

Cons

There are no cons. Had a great time working there, no regrets.

704 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Company very good to employees but always boils down to who your manager is.

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My particular property does an excellent job at celebrating employees, making them feel valued and spending some time and money to show it. Opportunities are available for job advancement but with few Hyatt properties in most cities it will depend on your willingness to relocate or work for a select service vs. full service. Free and discounted hotel rooms nights after working for a year is great!

Cons

The strong preference for hiring from within is a double-edged sword. It doesn't allow for the best candidates to get an equal shot. I have a bad manager now and I know there were better choices for the job. I am therefore looking to leave the company rather than put up with it. Few or even only one hotel in cities means it can be very difficult to move up unless you're willing to move out of town. People will stay in their positions for years because they don't want to move or change companies. Had to work an entire year before being allowed to take any vacation days. Horrible practice.

Give managers who are running departments for the first time some training. Just because they were good employees doesn't mean they will make good managers.

Convention services coordinator

Current Employee - Convention Services Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Convention Services Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot. Taught me good crisis mgmt skills b/c pace was so fast and intense

Cons

Crazy long hours. Burnout. No work life balance

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt