There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

As a part of Hyatt, your treated the with the same level of hospitality as if you were a guest!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt is more than a company its a family. The people here truly care about one another and look to help in any way possible. As an overall company there is a strong emphaisis on internal development and promoting from within. Transfer and travel opportunities are endless and every manager I have had does whatever they can to help get me to the next level.

Cons

It can be hard to tell the difference between some of the brands Hyatt has, (ie. Regency vs Grand, vs Andaz) this can make it tougher to determine which is the best fit for you. I guess you can just work your way through all of them!

Advice to Management

Keep developing the talent from within. There are to many companies that over look the potential talent that is already in the company. Kudos to the way you take care of your own.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

1. Good company!

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn as a newer. They have very good training system. Provide enough training time before your work by yourself. Small companies do not have good training. Good benefits. Simplest one, we can have 3 meals in the employee cafe for free, which a lot of hotels cannot provide. Nice manager. I got a very nice manager, who has a strong working ability and always encourage the agents. Nice working environment. All employees in the hotel are very nice. Keep smiling all the time. Feel very comfortable.

Cons

Full-time employees cannot get 40 hours working each week. only 32, sometimes less. Some agents say that the payment cannot afford their rent and expenses.

Advice to Management

I have a advice for F&B. The breakfast in the hotel is too expensive that a lot of guests cannot afford the breakfast and complain about that. Besides the 22 dollars breakfast buffet, we can provide some easy-to-take breakfast with reasonable price.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and great hotel.

Cons

Long hours, late nights, can get crazy during peak times

Advice to Management

Integrate departments better.