There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

They will take advantage of you.

Former Employee - Gallery Host in Cranberry, PA
Former Employee - Gallery Host in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers, scent in the gallery, insurance plan, discounted room benefits, work ambiente

Cons

Incompetent Management, inflexible work-times, cronyism, ugly uniforms, terrible scheduling

Advice to Management

Check in with your General Managers and see what kind of relationships they have with the people who are supposed to supervise them. People were treated very unfairly and favoritism towards certain people was so openly displayed that all we could do was quit on the spot. Bonuses were taken away from us according to management coming straight from corporate. Employees soon lost any form of motivation due to this. Gallery Hosts should not do EVERYTHING. This is also something that will turn away guests when they realize that the Gallery Host who checked them in, then unclogged their toilet will also make their food. I always washed my hands thoroughly and wore two layers of rubber gloves when prepping food, but not even an infinite amount of rubber gloves could make me eat food prepped by somebody who just unclogged a toilet. It is quite frankly disgusting.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Shaky transition to a Hyatt brand

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Employee in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- the pay was desirable for the environment - quality of direct department management (F&B) - unified department/co-workers

Cons

- hours long and inconsistent - department was understaffed - upper management was unprofessional and entitled. Consistent poor attitude. "Fake"

Advice to Management

A unified voice as management would help your employees and hotel succeed.

2. My Hyatt Experience

Former Employee - Night Audit in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Night Audit in Florence, KY

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large Company, Job Security-Hyatts are located all over the world.

Cons

The particular Hyatt Place I worked for was awful. Management had favorites. Night Shift was not given same opportunities as other. Lots of Negativity A few negative employees who bring the team down. Hyatt is a great company-but Hyatt Place CINZA. Ugh, I had some of THE WORST co-workers ever.

Advice to Management

You need to get rid of the negativity. You need to stop allowing so much conflict between employees and feeding into it.