There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

The best job for young people who don't screw up often

Former Employee - Bell Attendant in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Bell Attendant in Greenville, SC

I worked at Hyatt part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good money, fun job, no experience needed, good hours, great environment, and friendly people

Cons

lots of foot-ache, downtown area makes parking difficult, strict rules, heavy labor on busy days

Advice to Management

Promote Bell-Services more often

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work, good environment

Current Employee - Convention Set Up in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Convention Set Up in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

tuition re-embersment of 1000 per year

Cons

under staffed, needs new equitment

2. Ridiculously frustrating

Former Employee - Guest Services in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Guest Services in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice location in the fastest growing city in the US. Depending on what you do but for me the guest is always the best part of working in a hotel. There's always a few guests that test your patience but for the most part that's why I loved working in hotels. They seem good at promoting within throughout the company if that's something you were interested in.

Cons

This was the 4th hotel I've worked for and by far the one with the least amount of teamwork. Managers were more focused on taking credit for the work that you do then appreciating the work you do for them. I had 4 different managers at a time and they change at least every year. They don't trust the employees that have been doing their job for a long time, even if they've never done the job they somehow think they know how to do it better. Everyone here, and I think the area has something to do with it, is out for themselves and will stab anyone they can in the back if it makes them look better. Completely unprofessional at times, felt like I went back to high school most of the time.

Advice to Management

Believe in your employees and learn that you can't manage everyone the same, people are too different. Learn how to teach instead of just punish for every little mistake. Upper management should trust and listen to department managers but you have to get both sides of the story or you'll just keep losing good employees. I've never in my life in any business or any hotel chain worked with such an unhappy staff. Nobody trusted anyone and most importantly, if things aren't broken stop trying to fix them. Just because your the boss doesn't mean you always have to be right and have the best ideas.