Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big corporation. Competitive wage. Downtown. Seasonal jobs.

Cons

Management does not have any value for employees. When you come with a problem to them the answer is this is how it is take it or leave. They give you a filling that you can be replaced anytime and that you are worthless. The entire corporation is build to tell you how important you are for the company but turn around and ditch you at first occasion.

Learn to appreciate listen and support your employees. Don't think you are the god. Management is not giving only orders is solving problems as well, coaching empowering and supporting.

683 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Good Place to learn

Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at Hyatt as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I get a lot of knowledge working there, they encourage me to learn by trying. I remember one of the assistant FnB director told me to not be afraid of making mistake after I apologize to him for spilling hot tea to customer.

Cons

Poor career opportunities in FnB, the majority of people work at the Hyatt I'm talking about have been working there since more than 20 years ago, and still in waiter/waitress position. Also, they don't have a good orientation program, when I started, they brought me straight into the restaurant without explaining more about the hotel. The pay for new employee is also kind of sad.

Paying attention to the older and more senior employee will be good, if they don't have what it takes to get promoted then maybe the management could get more training for them.

great!!

Current Employee - Commis in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Commis in Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Hyatt as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

people are welcoming. team was timeless to give their best effort ever in every single event! just proud work with hyatt family. best regards for hyatt regency yogyakarta.

Cons

no challenge mean no chance to change to be a great who we are.

be more wisely and yes! keep our slogan "mutual respect"... and last... thank you for being YOU! :)

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt