Hyatt

www.hyatt.com

there are ups and downs....

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosthe work environment is good, I made many great friends there. The perks are fantastic if you love to travel-- and you will if you work for Hyatt. You get 12 complimentary rooms nights throughout the year, so if you plan ahead you get to stay for free at some really cool hotels!

ConsThe incentive plan is weak, you need to have many things somehow align and happen or you see very little in return-- which is likely. The incentive is not really for your individual performance, although that better be good or you will spend a lot of time talking with your boss and making an action plan to fix it.
And 2 weeks of vacation until you are there for 5 years (and then its 3)....not really a large incentive to have a work-family balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people do not get motivated when even if they booked hundreds of thousands of dollars they may end up with $500 as your "incentive". it's actually an insult. And it can happen--often-- when all the different "parts" of your incentive program don't go perfectly well, even though an individual may have worked very hard and made their own quotas. that makes good sales people go work elsewhere.

One of the best lodging companies to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

I worked at Hyatt

Pros: They give associates twelve free room nights a year. They also provide discounted room… Cons: Pay scale is on the lower side. Need to move… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Developed customer satisfaction and customer experience skills.

Rooms Divisional Intern (Former Employee) Deerfield, IL

I worked at Hyatt

Pros: - Plenty of room to grow - Great people to work… Cons: - As an intern, the hours were inconsistent. - Mostly did all the… Advice to Senior Management: For future interns, there should be more emphasis on the program itself to learn each division… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hyatt.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!