Hyland

www.onbase.com
  www.onbase.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyland

A great company but it is becoming more bureaucratic

Current Employee - Manager in Westlake, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Hyland full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, youth oriented, many perks, tries to do the right thing, high integrity, growing market

Cons

Often is run like a family-run business. Hyland doesn't always empower people to make decisions or get things done. Development can easily override any good idea coming from marketing or sales.

Provide more vision and articulate a product strategy.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Hyland (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at Hyland full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The culture, leadership, and product are all great.

Cons

Natural growing pains related to moving from a small company to a large player in our industry. Lower level leaders need to learn how to be effective decision makers.

Continue to develop lower tier of management. Maintain the culture as we continue to grow.

Great company but experience varies depending on which department you are in

Former Employee - Workflow in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Workflow in Westlake, OH

I worked at Hyland full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent benefits
    - Volunteer Time Off was a great way to give back
    - Large pipeline of clients meant that promotions happened often
    - Challenging work
    - Great company events like Christmas Party and Clam Bake, chance to get to know more of your coworkers
    - good salary

Cons

- I worked in a newer, offshoot department, where we just didn't have the same culture as some of the more established departments. There were many times that direction given was conflicting or not there at all.
    - For the first 6 months of my job, I literally sat and watched training videos
    - The culture was a bit "kool-aid-ey"
    - The job I had was a lot more technical than was disclosed. Quite a bit of HTML code, Javascript, JQuery, C#, etc. - not something I did in my previous line of work and not something I anticipated doing in this position.

Department heads should take more of an initiative to get to know your line level staff. I know reviews have procedures, but there are ways to make them more personal and motivate your employees. Don't play favorites in front of your employees, it is very transparent what you are doing. Take on the role of lead and make others feel welcome to come to your desk for help anytime, not just those times when you're not stressed out. Do not allow team leads to take on project work, they should be focused on helping their team grow and providing guidance and mentorship.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyland