Hyundai America Technical Center
www.hatci.com Superior Township, MI 150 to 499 Employees

Not bad, but not great

Engineer (Current Employee)
Superior Township, MI

Pros-Friendly and Diverse Atmosphere
-Work/Life Balance
-Some Managers seem to really care about their contract employees
-Very Knowledgeable Team Members that are open to help and answer questions
-Travel Opportunities

Cons-Poor Turnover Rate
-No concrete processes and can become mundane
-Contract employee probably won't get hired (may never get fired either)
-Korean "Thank you for your opinion, but we won't/can't implement it unless we feel like it" response to everything
-Mobis is the main supplier (owned by Hynudai) and they act on their own
-Poor communication between Hyundai Korea, Hyundai America, Mobis Korea, Mobis America, etc.
-Too much inconsistency for electrical systems, and no design is done in the US.
If you're looking for a true engineering experience for EE/EET/Comp.E/SoftwareE to implement what you've studied... I wouldn't suggest this as the best place to start. HATCI is strictly a validation center, unless you're higher up there's no real opportunity for electrical or software design.

Advice to Senior ManagementI won't necessarily speak negatively about the US Mgt., but Korean Coordinators should learn to communicate information to decrease possible confusion and lead to very unhappy or frustrated employees. I believe the American Mgt. could be great should they receive information on time and in ENGLISH. Time is wasted on issues that are either never addressed or already addressed, but no one knows until time and energy has been wasted driving in the wrong direction. Communication is the greatest issue. While it's understood that Hyundai/Kia is a Korean company and we should respect this, please remember that American input is valuable when selling in an American Market. Stop wasting time and money on redundancy that is ineffective.

Whatever you do, don't work here, take a job at half the pay, beg on the street, anything, do not accept a job here

Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Hyundai America Technical Center

Pros: Job responsibility expectations are low. Cons: Everything else. Contract employees are taken advantage of. Pay and benefits are far below industry average and opportunities for change or promotion are nil. To… Advice to Senior Management: Stop screwing over contract employees! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

"My way or the highway".

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chino, CA

I have been working at Hyundai America Technical Center

Pros: My job, although not a perfect situation, at least keeps me very busy with technical issues that I was hired to do. This absorbs me… Cons: The prevailing Korean culture that is best describes as "Daddy knows best". or "My way or the highway". Some of the downsides of working… Advice to Senior Management: Let the Americans help you run the show like Toyota. The Koreans have… More
There are newer reviews on Hyundai America Technical Center.

Worked for Hyundai America Technical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyundai America Technical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hyundai America Technical Center CEO SungHwan Cho . All reviews posted anonymously by Hyundai America Technical Center employees.