Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

www.hmmausa.com
  www.hmmausa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

I get paid well for putting up with incompetent management and immature people.

Current Employee - Production Team Member in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Production Team Member in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Pros

Pays well, insurance benefits are good, works well with people in the military, and a small tuition assistance program for potential students.

Cons

The majority of management is promoted through being friends with higher management. Huge culture clash between Koreans and Americans. Sometimes it seems Koreans see Americans as trained pets that are only alive to work. 10 hour work shifts Monday through Friday and sometimes Saturdays. 10 hours being, actually working. 45 min. lunch and and 3 10 min. breaks, so you're usually away from home more than 12 hours a day on average. A low level management Korean can outweigh some of the biggest American management. The state bends over backwards for this company and show absolutely no gratitude. Communication between upper management and production floor is terrible. A cost of living raise is supposed to be given every 6 months. This would usually be an average of .22 cents. They use this as leverage for people to work harder and here recently, they started giving a lump sum "bonus." This is for a cost of living adjustment, not because we met production goals. Last time I checked, I can't pay increasing fuel costs for my car with a lump sum. The Tuition Assistance Program is more of a joke. It is limited only for online school. No chance of night school due to the rotating shifts.

As always, communication is terrible. And please step up to Korean management. I understand that you get paid salary and your overtime, is how you get your money, but as a team member I'm sick of not being able to see my family.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (View Most Recent)

poor leadership

I have been working at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Pros

fantasic pay for the region

Cons

No time to spend with our families

More balance between work and family time

one of the best work experiences I ever had

I have been working at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Pros

offers a great experience in a manufacturing setting. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

We work very long hours; however it is a fulfilling job. korean management is very involved. Try to see things from their cultural perspective.

Watch you group leaders. Ensure they are enforcing the policies appropriately and across the board. allow your team members to give their ideas without being judged.

There are newer employer reviews for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama