Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

www.hmmausa.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

I enjoy working in a growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benifits, people are great to work with

Cons

Getting used to cultural differences

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One of the fastest car companies in the world

Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great if you are ready to work hard.

Cons

Korean management philosophy needs to change from a Korean company to a global company.

I get paid well for putting up with incompetent management and immature people.

Current Employee - Production Team Member in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Production Team Member in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama

Pros

Pays well, insurance benefits are good, works well with people in the military, and a small tuition assistance program for potential students.

Cons

The majority of management is promoted through being friends with higher management. Huge culture clash between Koreans and Americans. Sometimes it seems Koreans see Americans as trained pets that are only alive to work. 10 hour work shifts Monday through Friday and sometimes Saturdays. 10 hours being, actually working. 45 min. lunch and and 3 10 min. breaks, so you're usually away from home more than 12 hours a day on average. A low level management Korean can outweigh some of the biggest American management. The state bends over backwards for this company and show absolutely no gratitude. Communication between upper management and production floor is terrible. A cost of living raise is supposed to be given every 6 months. This would usually be an average of .22 cents. They use this as leverage for people to work harder and here recently, they started giving a lump sum "bonus." This is for a cost of living adjustment, not because we met production goals. Last time I checked, I can't pay increasing fuel costs for my car with a lump sum. The Tuition Assistance Program is more of a joke. It is limited only for online school. No chance of night school due to the rotating shifts.

Advice to Management

As always, communication is terrible. And please step up to Korean management. I understand that you get paid salary and your overtime, is how you get your money, but as a team member I'm sick of not being able to see my family.