IA Collaborative
www.iacollaborative.com Chicago, IL

Inspiring & Empowering

ProsI've really appreciated my time at IA. I feel that IA is on the cutting edge of how people work. Some specific pros include:
- Passion-driven work. The people at IA are very passionate about their trade and that comes through everyday.
- Big time clients. Everybody is always surprised by IA's client list. They're all large and important companies. That makes it more exciting to work on projects.
- Independence. IA let's employees run with projects and is much more open to new ideas or ways of working than other firms I've been at. The principals care about the results of the work, but they also let people be self-guided in figuring it out.
- Cool design work. the designers at IA are always progressive and creative.
- Strategic. IA is not a place that's just designing for design sake. the company puts high value on being strategic and user research
- Client exposure. Team members often have chance to "be at the table" for meetings.
- Cutting edge. Leadership seeks out projects that focus on new thinking and innovation
- For what it's worth, I've found the compensation is quite competitive. They offer profit sharing and major health insurance.

Cons- High level of autonomy requires that employees "step up" their game - so you have to come with that mindset. It's a fast paced, progressive company where even junior employees are expected to work at a high level. You get exposure to clients and principals very quickly. I think you have to be mentally prepared for that.
- Some projects require U.S. or international travel. While not frequently, if you're not into travel, it might not be the ideal spot for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to Get Top Talent: I've never worked somewhere that had such high-level design thinkers and strategists. One day you're working with an Ivy-league MBA, the next a designer from RISD. IA should continue to focus on top talent due to the high-profile work that's done there.

The potential is excellent but wish the culture was better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at IA Collaborative full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people who work at IA are absolutely amazing. HR does a great job bringing in employees who are smart, enthusiastic, and… Cons: Management can be overly controlling and nit-picky on minute details which get in the way of having a relaxed and productive culture. More… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Room to grow

Designer (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at IA Collaborative full-time for more than a year

Pros: Wonderful projects, great minds and people working hard to push… Cons: For the amount of time, effort and commitment involved, you get paid peanuts. Also, while most… More
There are newer reviews on IA Collaborative.

Worked for IA Collaborative? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IA Collaborative reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by IA Collaborative employees.