There are newer employer reviews for IASIS Healthcare

Excellent example of what true healthcare should be!

Former Employee - Nurse in Odessa, TX
Former Employee - Nurse in Odessa, TX

I worked at IASIS Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Iasis Healthcare has an amazing management staff as well as coworkers. Every employee is considered family.

Cons

No cons to post concerning Iasis Healthcare.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat all employees with compassion.

reviews filtered by
  1. Poor management limiting to future of Iasis Healthcare

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at IASIS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Poor management team and ineffective internal structure have plagued this company.

Advice to Management

Poor management due to the now former CEO and inappropriate actions and influence were devastating during my time with the company.

In a nursing shortage crisis I hate to deter employment or invoke attrition... BUT...

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Mesa, AZ
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at IASIS Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff is pretty nice in the welcome HR department. Hospital is new, relatively clean, and has some interesting technology (when it works correctly).

Cons

Iasis HC Team needs to gain a valuable learning experience when all of it's nurses high-tail it out of there!

As soon as you walk into your patient assignment, you will realize the level of noise pollution is extreme enough to wish you being waterboarded in Afghanistan instead!! IT'S TORTURE!!! I wish I were exaggerating. All the nurses were complaining about the senseless/relatively meaningless alarms, bells, and noises which distract you heavily FROM YOUR PATIENTS ironically and UNFORTUNATELY... However everyone was SOoo rattled by it, that no one seemed to be able to take the time to champion change on this matter. I work all over the valley, and have a great reputation of delivering excellent patient care. Heavy noise pollution is a recurring theme among too many hospitals, but Iasis HC seems to take it to the next level!

I can relate to the patients and nurses who see substandard care. I imagine it is because the technology is always broken and or not working properly, the noise level is agregious (phones, fall alarms, central telemetry monitors, no help answering call lights, etc.) and patient care distractions are multiple including the ever-broken charting system!!! It is really a shame because it could be so wonderful if the management could only see what others see. If it weren't for the patients, I would never miss returning to this abusive & unhealthy work environment.

Advice to Management

If a girlfriend told me that someone forced her to turn a 300 lb patient every hour with no help, run a triathalon to find equipment and resources that work in an extremely unorganized environment for 12 hours straight w/no lunch break (then get paid for "no lunch" authorized by the president of the United States) all while listening to "extremely loud, annoying, and painful" noises for 40 hours per week or more, all while being told to put a smile on her face, I'd tell her to get a restraining order from that offender.

Hire me to consult for you. Your HC system needs work.