There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Still going downhill on a slippery slope.

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Good place to start out, but leave as soon as you can.

Cons

Every year they take away a little bit more, pay has flat lined. Benefits suck. Internal education is a joke. Can't get the tools I need to do my job, it costs real money. Over the past 10 years this has truely been the torture of ten thousand cuts.

Advice to Management

You need to come to Jesus and stop blowing smoke up our collective butts. Shut down Armonk and relocate to Bangalore and save some money, serious, there is no place for management like you in the USA. I am ashamed to tell people I work for IBM. People in the streets turn red when you say "IBM".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Low pay considering company success

Current Employee - Graduate IT Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate IT Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Good hours Easy to be seen to perform at a high level Great people

Cons

Very poor pay at lower org levels Tedious processes for everything Major information overload at all times re company products,policies,strategy etc. Very sales oriented to the point where I question their genuine client care Cut-throat internally regarding internal structuring of deals

Advice to Management

Pay according to what people deserve. To pay consultants median IT industry pay is not sustainable and the lack of talent shows. Graduate turnover is very high and will continue to be with the current package offered. Be careful of being too sales oriented. This will scare away clients.

The Elephant is Tripping

Current Employee - Associate Partner
    Current Employee - Associate Partner

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Global name recognition; Ability to learn new things; Variety of clients and projects; International opportunities; Fair salary; Multiple locations to work from; Technology leadership.

Cons

No empowerment of employees; Too easy to get away with doing little or poor work; Expense policy does not support employees who travel 100%; More focus on selling internal to IBM than at the client; Many of the Partners need to be replaced. Easy to get lost in the crowd; Will not hire the delivery experts required to maintain our leadership position.

Advice to Management

Apply Lean and Six-Sigma to all internal processes; Empower employees to make decisions; Eliminate redundant and NVA approvals; Open the pocketbook and hire top-notch delivery experts.