IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

This is a fun and challenging place to work, with excellent colleagues.

Current Employee - Research Staff Member in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Research Staff Member in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

We have a corporate culture with high standards for honesty and integrity. We have a wide range of interesting projects on which people can work. We have excellent colleagues that cooperate freely.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy and the centralization ("Globalization") of business processes make it more difficult and time consuming to get those many little things done that distract us form the real work. Usability of business process tools is poor.

12337 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Iconic American Giant with diverse career opportunities if you can make your voice heard

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Armonk, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Armonk, NY

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Not much gives more satisfaction than knowing that you are working for a iconic American Corporation that has so many innovations under it's belly it's hard to list them all. The diversity and size of the company makes for great career opportunities if you can make yourself heard. Whether its different products, markets or professions, IBM can offer almost everything. Maybe not the best place for any particular job but if your going for diversity and general management, it's a great place to be.

Cons

There's plenty of competition and as large companies go, plenty of processes and bureaucracy as well. If you can get a strong executive team to drive your career, you can go places. If you don't get support you'll be left in the dust. Compensation is average and the company is leveraging it's reputation and the market conditions to pay below market.

Employee appreciation has certainly suffered with the extreme focus on earnings growth. While there are still great benefits (monetary and otherwise) to work for IBM, many perceive the company to be on a rather unappreciative trajectory towards its employees.

Overall pretty good company, but tough to really advance

Current Employee - Architect in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Architect in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Virtual workplace if you happen to work in non consulting job
    Good compensation and benefits
    Lots of resources at your disposal

Cons

Really hard to advance. It took me 10 years to figure out that one is not promoted based in job performance.
    Huge, and in parts very buerocratic company
    Most managers are Managers In name only.
    You can very, very lonely at this company

There are newer employer reviews for IBM