IBM

www.ibm.com

11973 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

I had many opportunities for personal advancement over my 33 years, which enabled me to grow my skills and be a SME.

Former Employee - Channel Marketing Manager  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Best people, good tools and processes, great salary.

Cons

Supporting silo'd organizations cause lack of ability to prioritize workload.

Sr. exec's should spend time with people actually doing the jobs to realize the pressure they've instilled making life challenging!

Other reviews for IBM

Great place to work, lots of air miles.

Former Employee - Senior Managing Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Managing Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

IBM Consulting is the largest consulting company in the world and often works on the largest and most complex projects in the world. The work is often very interesting and challenging with the opportunity to work in various industries and in different parts of the world. At IBM you will have the opportunity to advance your career faster than others who work in "normal" 9-5 jobs.

Cons

The downsides of IBM Consulting is that you are almost never at home. I spent the majority of 8 years on an airplane twice a week. From this, I gained career experience that few others outside of consulting would be able to have. During my career at IBM I was significantly underpaid compared to consultants working at other consulting companies.
    It took me a while to understand, but IBM is a sales company, not a delivery company. If you excel in delivery, you will not be rewarded financially or with career advancement. If you have technical abilities, translating those skills to be used in a sales capacity would be where you would see the largest financial returns.

Executive management at IBM is excellent at creating a winning strategy for the company. The middle management leaders often don't provide a lot of value to your career or direction of the firm.

Just a job

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Most tools and products are build in-house, so you have a lot of opportunities to explore a variety of IBM software. (Only you like IBM software)

Cons

You might feel a bit bureaucracy.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!