Great Organization

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM offers incredible career development opportunities. As a global company I had the benefit of traveling to international locations for work and regularly work with global colleagues. In addition to career development the work life balance is fairly good given how competitive the technology marketplace is.

Cons

Like many large organization there is a fair amount of bureaucracy that gets in the way of doing the actual work that I enjoy. I would say that this is necessary to manage and control such a large enterprise. The scale and resources, however, far outweigh the occasional headache from a tedious process.

Advice to Management

I would encourage IBM leaders to provide regular feedback to their employees and help their employees to shape their work to meet their long term career goals. My manager was excellent at this and I am very grateful for her desire to help me succeed in my career.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Smartest People! Cheapest company!

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Awesome, intelligent coworkers. Family atmosphere. People are honest. Great to spend time together. Generous travel budgets. Best networking opportunities and respect from industry hands down. Great tech. Easy to sell. Hot trends like Analytics and tablets.

Cons

Goals to hit stock prices are leading to low salaries and promotions. Too focused on the business and not on identifying top performers.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat! If someone seems lazy but have been there for 20 years, get rid of them for super stars. You can sell the brand, but who will make the opportunities if complacent people with tons of experience pushing work to others are left!

2. A good place to work overall.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM has lots of resources, reach and opportunities for employees that are successful.

Cons

IBM can have a lot of heavy processes