IBM

www.ibm.com

Great Organization

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIBM offers incredible career development opportunities. As a global company I had the benefit of traveling to international locations for work and regularly work with global colleagues. In addition to career development the work life balance is fairly good given how competitive the technology marketplace is.

ConsLike many large organization there is a fair amount of bureaucracy that gets in the way of doing the actual work that I enjoy. I would say that this is necessary to manage and control such a large enterprise. The scale and resources, however, far outweigh the occasional headache from a tedious process.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would encourage IBM leaders to provide regular feedback to their employees and help their employees to shape their work to meet their long term career goals. My manager was excellent at this and I am very grateful for her desire to help me succeed in my career.

Smartest People! Cheapest company!

Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Awesome, intelligent coworkers. Family atmosphere. People are honest. Great to spend time together. Generous travel budgets. Best… Cons: Goals to hit stock prices are leading to low salaries and promotions.… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the fat! If someone seems lazy but have been there for 20 years, get rid of them for super stars. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Get the best salary you can walking in the door because raises are few and far between.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM

Pros: - Work at home - Management rarely stands in the way… Cons: - Pay, raises, promotions, etc. - Health care costs increase greater than raises - Only one… Advice to Senior Management: Stop opening each quarter with a picture of the EPS growth. Stop telling us how much money IBM is making while giving none… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!