There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great company, great growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Great benefits, great opportunities to grow and advance in a company of its size. Always amazed at what others are doing in other divisions.

Cons

The company is huge. The size is a problem and the politics are always in play. Some managers are very picky about scheduling even though employees are "encouraged" to take family time.

Empower employees to make decisions on their own without having to go through layers of management fat. You have some of the smartest employees in the world, utilize their strengths.

11628 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

My experience has been satisfactory.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IBM

Pros

The benefits, such as health benefits and 401K are very good. Resources within IBM are great as well. The intranet and all its contents are great resources for employees at IBM.

Cons

I do not enjoy working for such a large company. There is excessive regulation and rigid conformity to formal rules working for such a large company where I have never had that working for other companies in the past. By being a consultant that travels, we have to file taxes in each state we travel to. The per diem rates we receive through IBM are considerably lower then that of the GSA federal rates and we as the employee lose out in the end.

I enjoy working for my manager. The only feedback I have for the leaders at IBM is to communicate with your employees as well as listen to what each employee has to say.

A good stable job

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Work from home, Internal movement and transition is encouraged, flexible scheduling and work hours, good benefits, great job security, stable company.

Cons

Lotus Notes, hard to make a difference and add value to the company, very old style in getting work done, poor middle management, bureaucracy & red tape, pointless meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!