IBM

www.ibm.com

Very challenging job, requiring more work to be performed many evenings and into the weekends

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEnjoy working with people who have a passion for the jobs they perform. Most IBMers are very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and will help you wherever possible.

ConsAs in most companies, I believe we are working far longer hours then ever before. If you are an exempt employee, your hourly rate drops significantly due to the excessive nights and weekends worked. As much as you earn, when you look at an hourly rate, it's not always that impressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems like even in the best of times, IBM still does not offer much of a bonus or salary increase plan. Even as a top performer, you're lucky if your increase is 1-1.5%. I find this no way to retain top performers and talent. IBM seems to be moving towards a company that hires top talent, but that these people will only stay for 5 years. There is far more churn in attrition than ever before.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Very laid back culture, people are down to earth. Very flexible work force. Management usually is… Cons: During crunch time they take it to an unbelievable extent. Management is terrible at listening to employees. The communication… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management need to make a 1-on-1 effort to reach out to the down below folks. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to work if you have kids.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

I have been working at IBM

Pros: I work from Home Flexible Work Schedule Self Deirected Cons: Little opportunity for movement around the company Little opportunity for advancement Minimal… More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!