There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Great place to work with easy work/life balance and not much stress

Current Employee - Performance Analyst in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Performance Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

big and well known company, lots of different areas and products to work on, research opportunities, flexible work hours, friendly environment

Cons

cost cuts at employees' cost, benefits and salary increases not competitive, no transparency between managers and employees, slowly follows economic trends

Advice to Management

better training of first line managers, refilling of open positions, offering competitive employee benefits, such as hardware and software equipment paid by employer

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working hard may or may not get you ahead...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I have been working at IBM

Pros

You work around very intelligent people. Some of the technology is leading edge from research. People are overall easy to work with.

Cons

Can be a very high stress environment with long hours and no weekends off. Depending on where you work, the flexibility may be gone for working remotely. Also, there is constant worries among co-workers that this year could be their year to be let go. It can be a rather uncomfortable place to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management doesn't matter. Generally, the first line managers do the best they can with what they have, to them, keep it up. To the high ranking executives, I would be concerned about the boots on the ground doing the work. IBM can't meet its goals by cutting alone.

Not for anyone who wants a long term job or anyone who is looking for growth as an individual.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Work from home, not much else.

Cons

No Growth for a driven professional IBM has no interest in their employees and is only driven by profit. You could be a "Resource Action (RA)" (fired) at any moment in time without any warning or for any apparent reason. Stay clear away from IBM if you care for your career.

Advice to Management

Dear IBM, I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me the past two weeks and beyond. I thank you for refusing to train me, telling me I'm over paid and for not having a flipping clue about what I do daily and not really ever getting to know me. I thank you for having fired me and asked me to train a monkey to do my job and then took it all back and asked me to stay because you pissed off your customer. I can't thank you enough for all that you do for me. Thank you for putting yourselves above everyone of your employees and spitting in their face during your fictitious Townhall meetings. Thank you for putting me on this amazing roller coaster ride where the hills are made out of American salaries that you saved when you fired them in favor of a $10 hour employee from India. Thank you for being an un-patriotic American corporation feeding off the hard working American professional who somehow got trapped into your outsourcing "agreement" in which you never intended on fulfilling. Thank you IBM!