IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM is a great place to gain exposure to the challenges businesses face.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Work / Life Balance, Steady income, decent benefits

Cons

Not going to make your fortune here, very bureaucratic, move at a much slower pace than other companies

Continue to empower the front line

12149 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Not for anyone who wants a long term job or anyone who is looking for growth as an individual.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Work from home, not much else.

Cons

No Growth for a driven professional
    IBM has no interest in their employees and is only driven by profit.
    You could be a "Resource Action (RA)" (fired) at any moment in time without any warning or for any apparent reason.
    Stay clear away from IBM if you care for your career.

Dear IBM,

I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me the past two weeks and beyond. I thank you for refusing to train me, telling me I'm over paid and for not having a flipping clue about what I do daily and not really ever getting to know me. I thank you for having fired me and asked me to train a monkey to do my job and then took it all back and asked me to stay because you pissed off your customer. I can't thank you enough for all that you do for me. Thank you for putting yourselves above everyone of your employees and spitting in their face during your fictitious Townhall meetings. Thank you for putting me on this amazing roller coaster ride where the hills are made out of American salaries that you saved when you fired them in favor of a $10 hour employee from India. Thank you for being an un-patriotic American corporation feeding off the hard working American professional who somehow got trapped into your outsourcing "agreement" in which you never intended on fulfilling.

Thank you IBM!

It all Depends

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

I have a fantastic manager that promotes independence and growth in the workplace. I've been lucky to work for him and he really is interested in promoting me within the large landscape of IBM.

Cons

It's a very large pool. Networking is a must. Lots of Beuracracy, etc. You can easily get lost so it's important to make yourself visible and to really take into control your own career development.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM