IBM

Heavy bureaucracy and politics

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager
Current Employee - Sales Account Manager

I have been working at IBM

Pros

A global company with the ability to work with cultures and people around the world

Cons

heavy bureaucracy and politics, Limited diection from senior management on direction other than just 90 days

Be open and communicate challenges with the entire team/organization. Changes can't be made if things aren't openly addressed.

12359 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

A good place to be, but you gotta keep up.

Current Employee - Advisory I/T Architect in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Advisory I/T Architect in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Professional work environment; good co-workers. Management is highly matrixed, so self motivation is very important.

Cons

Lots of tech jobs moving to "GR" .... Global Resource, that is, India, China, Brazil, Eastern Europe.

How many project managers are really required for a project. It sometimes seems that technical projects have about twice as many managers as technicians.

Great place to develop technical expertise

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Cutting edge innovative company that values its employees. Be ready to work very hard but be paid fairly for the work that you do. Great learning opportunities are available for all employees. Company values its position in the market and is constantly innovating in order to meet customer needs.

Cons

Big company so implementing new ideas can be a tedious process. Work life balance is not great if you really want to get ahead. If you are not looking for speedy advancement, then good work life balance is possible. Some employees have been around for a many years and believe they are entitled to things because of their seniority. This can create problems for younger employees like myself.

Schedule more time for employee evaluations and feedback sessions

There are newer employer reviews for IBM