There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior IT Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior IT Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Culture of innovation. The 800 pound gorilla. Progressive and multicultural work environment. Morale is good, and compensation is competitive.

Cons

IBM == "I'm By Myself". Working remotely all the time can at times be alienating.

Advice to Management

Trust us with more information

Other Employee Reviews for IBM

IBM is an International, not US, corporation.

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Rochester, MN

Pros

Relaxed dress code. Flexible work hours.

Cons

IBM has no concern for the US of A. Slimy management. Continual lay-offs (resource actions). IBM management has decided to move away from the American worker in favor of the Indian and Chinese worker even at the expense of the American economy and national security. Overall, it is not possible to feel good about supporting such an anti-American company. Their lies and deceit to American workers have shattered many dreams. IBM puts Americans in the unemployment line by the thousands and unethically tries to hide what they are doing.

Advice to Management

I don't senior management for taking jobs away from the United States to India. It is how you are doing it that is abhorrent. Stop ltrying to make employees feel like they have any real prospects of a long-term job. Come clean on the numbers and plans. Just admit that the current international economic situation dictates moving most of the jobs to India. Tell us just what your goal is in terms of number of employees per country and job site. When you decided that 80% of the American jobs were going to be heading overseas you should have told us and laid out the time-lines. It is very dirty how you are trying to secretly do this. We all see what is going on and it is a slap in the face that you won't just give us the hard facts.

IBM's current leaders only care for themselves.

Current Employee - Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Architect in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Salary, company resources, business reputation.

Cons

IBM does not value its employees. Treats people like commodities. Senior management view themselves at the chosen ones, and the rest of us as "resources". In my view, they have no morals, no character and no soul. They are not creators of wealth and jobs, rather they are exploiters. In the past, I have seen some great leaders at IBM. No more. I think the future of IBM as a company is not good. The present culture is not sustainable. They are throwing away too many good people. I remain thankful for the years I have had at IBM and hope to remain employed there for a few more years. I could not in good conscience recommend it to anyone else.

Advice to Management

End the culture of greed at the top. Try being a true leader, and a steward of this once great company.