There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior IT Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior IT Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Culture of innovation. The 800 pound gorilla. Progressive and multicultural work environment. Morale is good, and compensation is competitive.

Cons

IBM == "I'm By Myself". Working remotely all the time can at times be alienating.

Trust us with more information

11915 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Proud to work for IBM. Work is interesting, Software brands are strong, pay is pretty good.

Current Employee - Software IT Architect in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Software IT Architect in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Complexity of work that is rewarding from both a knowledge and money perspective. I also enjoy working for a company where I can help my clients adopt technology and innovation to solve their most pressing needs. The diversity of IBM's people and products allow this too happen.

Cons

At this point in my career I can't think of too many downsides. We have a strong portfolio of software products and alot of demand in the marketplace. Sure quota's are crazy but I'm sure they would be that way at any other place. Folks who don't make it at Big Blue should reflect on themselves on what they could have done better. My approach is to always understand the clients issues and identify IBM solutions that can address those issues. There has to be a fit otherwise we come across as Snake Oil Salesman. Not good if you want to have a good relationship with your clients.

Give your folks a chance to succeed and reward effort appropriately

Extensive opportunities but top ranks are very closed (and close to retirement).

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Well developed training and skills development helps career development.

Cons

Huge size makes it difficult to keep on top of what is going on.
    Top ranks are extremely difficult to attain, and heavily populated by a population close to retirement.

Involve the perspectives of younger thought leaders. IBM is seen publicly as a company of old, closed minded, traditionalists very often because of the lack of younger stars in positions of significance. You have smart people, but they aren't very visible externally.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM