IBM
3.2 of 5 10,997 reviews
www.ibm.com Armonk, NY 5000+ Employees

Great people, decent pay, but no room to advance

Consulting Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThe people who work at IBM are terrific. Bright, savvy, 'whatever it takes'. I have never met a better group of dedicated professionals eager to make their clients happy.

Cons1. Too many Resource Actions (RAs) aka layoffs. The latest round affected too many good people that IBM cannot afford to let go
2. Some (ie Cringley) have predicted that 78% of IBM US personnel will be gone by 2015 in order to meet the $20 EPS promise that Palmisano made, called Roadmap 2015. Internally we call it Roadkill 2015.
3. Company manages by cost cutting and with little consideration for the people. Do not expect any raises once you get here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe heavy handed management style that Gerstner brought with him still exists today. Today's manager / director / VP only cares about him or herself, and promoting ones career. Morale is as low as I have ever seen, and the cost cutting moves that Ginny Rommetti has made ensure that it stays low. Micromanagement is rampant.

Good and bad

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Meaningful work. Good Benefits. Flexibility. Cons: internal roadblocks the inhibit personal performance to achieve corporate goals Advice to Senior Management: Provide more decision making authority at lower levels of the… More

Lot of opportunities across many lines of business

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Work life integration is possible Cons: Its all about the earnings More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBM CEO Virginia Rometty. All reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees.