IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Company with plenty of potential and some chances of career advancement

Former Employee - Operations Centre Buyer/Global Logistics Buyer in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had two positions within 1,5 years, so there is place for advancement, even if you don't really like what you do, but handle it.

Cons

I was not supported to realize my desired career change as my superior wanted me to stay where I was, in his team...

Consider what Your employees desire to reach when it's about career planning.

12337 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Acquired company salary packages takes a deep dive.

Current Employee - Client Technical Specialist in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Client Technical Specialist in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large partner network to sell software through. Existing relationships that can speed up a sales cycle.

Cons

Bureaucratic nightmare. Coming from an acquired company with a flat org structure, there's a definite culture shock. Pay packages are also very lopsided and non-negotiable.

If you're going to have a whole integration team spread the message that "nothing's going to change, it's business as usual, we'll get you to par with your current offer", and then force people to sign contracts that are severely less the original contract, then what's the point?

A life time experience or some average company?

Former Employee - N/A in Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - N/A in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I.B.M. International business machine, one of the first computer companies in the world and the biggest in 2009 reviews, A multinational with over 100k employee world wide, A positive and strong name in your C.V. A very professional company, try to meet the average employee with the necessary needs. A good place to start if your a fresh graduate.

Cons

No extra - Real - experience. You "have" to debate strongly your salary or you will be cut of short, and if comparing the offered salary and other competitive you would never consider IBM-GPS Egypt.
    If you are qualified you'll notice that you are given the same job responsibilities and salary of not only a fresh graduate with no experience, but also people who did not even graduate but not given any challenges to meet your qualification what so ever.

My personal advice is to work on the employees you have, it is not necessary that a senior agent who has been working with you for 4-5-6 or even 10 years is more qualified than a newbie, also consider the qualification and the personal skills that the employee have and make use out of it, get to know them, work with them, you'll even find many that are even better than their managers.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM