IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

IBM is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM is a cornerstone in creating a very DIVERSE place to work and that is one of the reasons I was attracted to working here. It's the first place I was ever OUT from the beginning and have always been and will always be. I'm proud to work for such an inclusive and supportive company.

Cons

In working for such a large company with nearly 400,ooo people you feel like a number sometimes.

Pay more attention to the people that make the company work. The people at the lower levels and eliminate some of the middle layers of management. There are too many managers getting in the way of the work at times. If you want to save money get rid of some layers of management.

12359 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM isn't that great of a place to work.

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

There are good discounts with business partners. It looks good on a resume when you look for a new job (and most of us inevitably will).

Cons

Layoffs even when the company's profits are in the billions. The CEO describes layoffs as 'business as usual'. We're expected to create world-class products using worthless, freebie tools that don't work properly. Managers change jobs regularly every two years, leading to instability in every group. Quotas in performance reviews stop careers from progressing. The internal financial results our bonuses are based on are always somehow lower than the public results, so our bonuses are always lower than projected.

Treat employees like an asset, not disposable parts.

Tom Watson is rolling over in his grave...

Former Employee - Middleware Systems Analyst in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Middleware Systems Analyst in Boulder, CO

I worked at IBM

Pros

Opportunity to learn if you are so inclined. Insight into the worst of corporate politics you will encounter anywhere. Chance to develop that ulcer you have always wanted. Best possible people- IBM is a cult not a company, and it is a wonderful thing to be a part of.

Cons

Chance to develop that ulcer you haave always wanted. Absolutely ZERO job security- unless the knowledge that you WILL be eventually eliminated counts as job security. Culture of zero work life/balance. "Bleeding Blue" requires bleeding.

People are the biggest and best resource of the company. The loyalty that IBM engenders surpasses that of any company in existence. Tom Watson would be ashamed of how employees and their families are now treated. THINK!

There are newer employer reviews for IBM