IBM

www.ibm.com
  www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Development team manager, in charge of software and hardware development

Current Employee - Development Manager in Tel Aviv (Israel)
Current Employee - Development Manager in Tel Aviv (Israel)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good conditions, compensation and benefits

Cons

Too much red tape, no real career development opportunities

12317 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

Pros and cons to working there- overall a good company to work for

I worked at IBM

Pros

Salary was good, colleagues some great some less great...to say the least. I really met some great people there!!! Best you can get. But some were not orthodox at all (watch your back carefully)...I'd better leave it here. Don't want to talk about that.

Cons

The building on Steels is huge..it takes a lot of time to go to the toilet or to have a smoke. You feel like Alice in Wonderland...meaning, you can at times feel lost and alien in that building. Not a friendly building. After IBM I worked in a much smaller company and it was a huge difference in environment, much more friendly, better team work, more flexibility and most of all, you felt you are important for the team, initiative and creativity were welcomed. At IBM I did not have this satisfaction, you only do a small part and don't get to see the big picture. Having said all these, I do not regret working at IBM at all and am grateful for that experience. But would not prefer a huge company like this (big company is still ok, but IBM is huge)...if I have the choice...Working at IBM I learned that I can be much happier in a smaller company. Some might love working in huge companies, but not me.

They know their business anyway, they are on top. Still, people are great assets in any company...

Lots of resources, difficult to navigate

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

IBM offers a wide array of resources available to employees. This includes project diversity, tuition reimbursement, etc.

Cons

IBM is difficult to navigate given its size and complex organization structure. Performance is often not sufficiently rewarded as the company tends to normalize salary within each level.

Sr management needs to plan beyond the immediate quarter and invest properly in employee. There seems to be a significant talent drain in the last couple of years.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM